Can Water Damage Be Harmful?
Any business can experience water damage, despite the location or climate. Water damages can occur through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. Water damages within your home can take take a severe toil on you and your family. At Paul Davis, we understand.Call the professionals immediately to minimize your home's water damage. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert will analyze and repair the problem. However, there are ways to avoid the expense of water damages. It's important for every homeowner to know how to protect their property from water damages.
What Causes Water Damage
Prevention is the most productive method to beat water damage. Because of this, you need to look for signs of water damage. This means taking the time to examine home appliances that use water. You can never be too cautious. Here are a few causes of water water damage:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Water Damage Prevention
Don't wait for water damage to happen-- take action. To dodge expensive repairs and possible homeowner's insurance claims, preventive action is key. To stop water damage, consider the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn't too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you'll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your house experienced water damages, don't wait. The longer you wait, the more extensive repairs you'll need. Call Paul Davis at (905)666-7744. Your local Paul Davis professionals will come to your house as soon as possible. No matter how serious the damages, Paul Davis will handle it.